Its no secret the news is dominated by coronavirus. But perhaps no industry is impacted as much as the travel industry. So I thought I’d share some of the headlines currently (end of March 2020) in the travel trade publications.
- Senate’s airline rescue package has loans, but no cash
- US hotels in unprecedented financial freefall
- Americans stranded in Morocco sent home whole those in Peru await aid
Travel Agent Central
- Carnival Corp offers ships as Temporary hospitals
- Travel industry leaders convene on COVID 19 relief
- Oberammergau Postponed; globus offers help for affected guests
- Florida Keys to close to visitors Sunday
- Over 6000 Travel organizations unite in an urgent please to Congress
- Airlines Further reduce flight schedules amid COVID 19 restrictions
- As Cornonavirus impacts Travel the Benefits of Booking with a Travel Agent becomes clear
Travel Market Report
- Caribbean Islands tighten travel restrictions, Some resorts close
- TSA will accept expired driver licenses during COVID 19 national emergency
- Hurtigruten suspends sailings until May
Get a sense?
In previous weeks, there’s been headlines about most of the cruise lines suspending service or specific countries imposing travel restrictions. Do you get a sense for what’s happening?
Travel agents really can help during this time. Many clients really want to travel – but many are unable to travel now due to closures or concern of spreading the epidemic. Eventually the restrictions will let up and travel floodgates will open. But whether you are in the defer, cancel or rebook phase, having a travel agent advocate on your side could make a huge difference in your ultimate success.
Here’s some things a great travel agent can do for you: