Have you ever thought of renting a Villa when looking at a vacation? Sometimes you just want to get away with a group of friends but not deal with tours or moving around or even a hotel. Villas can be a great solution. In this post we give you some ideas.
Choosing where to go by destination
Here’s some of the most popular destinations to rent a villa:
- The Caribbean
- Italy including the Amalfi Coast and Tuscany
- Los Cabos and Mexico
- Costa Rica
- Provence, France
Other great places to rent a Villa:
- Asia: Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand
- Belize and Panama
- Throughout France and Italy, Portugal
- Greece, Croatia, Portugal, Scotland
- Hawaii, Carolinas, Colorado
- French Polynesia
Choosing where to go by Theme
Another way to choose a villa is by theme. Maybe you have a bunch of golf buddies? Villas are also great for honeymoons and even destination weddings. Here’s some thematic ideas:
- Sports: Golf, Ski, Tennis
- Lifestyle: Eco-Friendly, extra Privacy, Family, Couples / groups, Kid Friendly, LGBTQ, Limited mobility, Multi- generational, Pet Friendly, Long weekend / short stay, Spa retreats
- Events: Corporate Retreats, Girlfriend getaway, Honeymoon, Wedding
- Other collections: Celebrity, Chairman’s collection, European Island, Historic estates, private island, Resorts, Wine Country
What makes a Villa?
Generally, these are private homes or condo’s that are rented out. They typically have top notch kitchens, living areas and multiple bedrooms. Since food is not included, you are free to make your own or go out and explore.
- If you need something last minute, many times there may be Villas available
- Many villas will be a much better deal than other arrangements during holiday times.
Villas are different than an AirBnB – Here’s why?
- Booking through a Travel agent means that your entire vacation can be dealt with in a single contact. You get advise on location selection, villa selection, transportation, tours and insurance.
- Fully Vetted and quality checked / controlled by a reputable manager. We use Travel Impressions and Villas of distinction which ensures strict standards of excellence and the best properties.
- These are not fly by night outfits. These are award winning luxury villa vacations offered for over 25 years.
- Finally, we have access to exclusive promotions like free nights, discounted rates or free car rental for the duration of your stay
Anchorage at Sandy Lane, Barbados: up to 6 guests in 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Permanent housekeeper / cook and includes large living room, dinging table seating 12, large covered outdoor patio overlooking the pool. Located on an acre property less than a 5 minute walk to one of the best beaches on the island. With 6 people, that comes to $115 – 250/night per person (7 – 14 night minimum stay) depending on time of year. Of course you’ll pay extra for food and food prep, but this is a great deal!
Angiola. This villa in Tuscany offers it all. It can accommodate 8 guests in 4 bedrooms about an hour drive from Florence It includes great views of the countryside, plenty of outside seating and dining areas and large swimming pool. Air conditioning, fireplace, daily housekeeping and pool maintenance service. For 8 guests, rates range from 190 – 320 $/night per person.
AKA New York Times Square. This apartment has 2 bedrooms and sleeps up to 5 guests and is located on 44th street near the Theater District. Modern with high quality kitchen, hardwood floors, roof lounge. For 4 guests, rates range from $100 to 235 per night per person, minimum 3 night stay.
Villas are a great option – but there’s other choices as well
There’s many more options to choose from. And of course, we can compare a villa to other vacation options like traditional hotels and resorts, river cruises or ocean cruises or even land tours.
Want some other great vacation ideas?