People always ask about how to save money. Plus, most people really want a luxury vacation. So we thought we’d provide some examples of how to save money on a luxury cruise using Regent Seven Seas cruise line.
Who is Regent?
Regent Seven Seas is an all inclusive, luxury ocean cruise line. They are known for including everything, including business class air, excursions, all drinks, even pre-cruise hotel rooms. The Regent ships are not only luxurious but small (less than 750 passengers). Here’s our blog from a few years ago that does a nice job describing them.
Ways to save money – Cruise line
Here’s some examples of how to save money directly from Regent:
- Soft sailings. When specific sailings are “soft,” meaning sales are not as strong as they’d like, cruise lines will put them on sale. This may take the form of an outright price cut, ship board credits and category upgrades. As of July 2019, Regent is offering all three on their August and September sailings to Alaska.
- Savings on packages. Regent offers a combination package in Alaska with Rocky Mountaineer. They are now offering significant savings when booking that package along with the cruise.
- Savings with kids. Many of Regent’s cruises currently have a promotion where kids sail free or for less than $500 per person.
- Savings from Referrals. Currently Regent is offering money off if your referral ends up booking.
- Past Guest savings. Like many suppliers, Regent offers additional savings and offerings for past guests
Ways to save – Travel agent perspective
There’s even more ways to save money from my perspective:
- Flexible dates: As long as you are flexible with when you can travel, I can usually save you some money.
- Flexible with itinerary: Some people are set on exactly where they want to do. But if you have some flexibility, I can usually offer some lower priced alternatives.
- Additional promotions: There are times when Avoya strikes a special deal with Regent and can offer savings over and above what’s advertised. For example, right now we are offering up to $400 of free on board credit.
- Amex promotions: many times, if you pay with an American Express card, we can offer some value adds such as on board credit.
- Part of a group: You don’t have to even know the others in the group. When Avoya (or Amex) has a group, they are able to negotiation better pricing and amenities.
Don’t leave money on the table
There’s obviously other ways to save money like moving from the luxury category to a premium category cruise line. But if you want that true luxury experience, don’t leave money on the table. Make sure you take advantage of all the ways to save.
So you really can save money on a luxury cruise.